Friday, February 06, 2009

Top 10 List: TV Couples

Zara tagged me with this one -check out her list here. I agree with several on her list (including Malcolm & Inara, and Buffy & Angel), but I decided to use the "little gray cells" as Poirot would say and come up with ten new couples for us to discuss.

Oooh, just as I was about working on this, Orannia tagged me, too. Her list is here.

Onto my list - in completely random order.

1. Booth & Temperance

They're smart, they're funny, and they've got that zing between them. I like that they're friends first - everything else comes after. Though if you want to study sexual tension, Bones is the show to watch.
2. Gambit & Rogue (or where Nalini proves her geek credentials)

I used to wake up ridiculously early on Saturday mornings to watch X-Men. Gambit was my favorite. I loved the whole "he can't kiss or touch her or she'll suck out his lifeforce" thing - talk about conflict!

3. Laura Holt & Remington Steele


I loved this show. I would watch reruns if the powers that be decided to put them on. Hmm, I see a similarity to Temperance and Booth - Laura and Remington are also a smart & funny couple. But they had they own unique chemistry going on.

4.
Allison & Joe

They're so normal and real, and yet the love between them is not something you ever question. One of my favorite episodes is when Joe thinks something has happened to Allison, and when they find her, he literally falls on his knees and just holds her.

5.
Spike and Buffy
Okay, I know I said I liked Angel and Buffy, but I also kind of have a soft spot for Spike, too.

6. Wash & Zoe

I liked that these two were in love and so settled about it (ignore the other two guys in the picture *grin*). There were no huge scenes, but you knew they'd do anything for each other. (p.s. you that that thing that happens in Serenity? I've wiped it from my memory).

7. JD & Turk

A million reasons, including - The World's Most Giant Doctor and Hide the Saltine. I miss Scrubs.

8. Charlie & Amita Two really smart people, with a great relationship! I like how at the start, Charlie is the more shy of the pair.

9. Elizabeth & Darcy

You didn't think I was going to miss Lizzie and Darcy out? In NZ, they played the original tv series one episode every Sunday. I sat through six torturous weeks to see these two get their happy ending!

10. Mulder & Skully
Chemistry among creepiness!

I think a lot of people have already been tagged with this, so I'm throwing it open to anyone who wants to play. Who are your favorites?

22 comments :

Gail Leinweber said...

Your not getting the new season of Scrubs where you are?

Nalini Singh said...

I thought last year was the final season? They're making more? Yay!!

Ashley said...

I have to throw in the couple that never was, Angel and Cordy.... I wanted them to have a HEA so bad.

Also... Pacey and Joey, I love Pacey lol I love it when 2 people who can't stand each other fall in love

Gail Leinweber said...

They got picked up by a different network. The new episodes are being aired on ABC instead of NBC, they started the new season last month.

Marnie said...

There making one more season of scrubs - here in the states they moved to a new network. I have to agree I love Bones and Booth. I hear ya on the Gambit and Rogue thing (I am so excited he will be in the new X-men Movie)

Nalini Singh said...

That is so awesome about Scrubs. We usually get the season in New Zealand a few months after the U.S. debut, so I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for when it comes on.

Marnie - I hope they get him right!

Kat said...

Xena and Gabrielle off of Xena, Warrior Princess.

Maxwell Smart and Agent 99 (Get Smart)

Enzo Matrix and AndrAIA (ReBoot)

I also liked the relationship between Xander and Dawn (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) in the final season. No sexual tension, just trust and friendship.

Spike an Buffy totally rocked though

orannia said...

Great list Nalini! I completely agree with you about Rogue & Gambit :) I loved that show!

Oh, and details of the new season of Scrubs in 2009:

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/410965/1432355

No actual dates though, but at least you know it's coming :)

Heather B. said...

Love Booth and Bones. It's one of my favorite shows on TV. It was a toss up whether I wanted Buffy with Spike or Angel they were both hot so you couldn't lose either way you went.

Also there was Grisham and Sarah from CSI. I love my crime shows.

Big Bang Theory is a great comedy. it's 2 intellectual sciences guys and the pretty girl across the hall. It's a lot of fun to watch.

Una said...

Oh, I LOVED Mulder and Scully! There on-screen sexual tension was FANTASTIC!

I also LOVED watching X-Men, I always wanted to be Rogue and have that hot Gambit as my beau!

:Candice: said...

Love Scrubs! Although I have to say that the new season seems to be a little too serious... not as funny as the previous seasons, but at least it's still on.

My favorite TV Couple...

Sean and Gus - Psych
lol fun-ny!

:Candice: said...

oops.. I mean

Shawn and Gus

Anonymous said...

Aww, JD and Turk! Guy Love is a beautiful thing. Now that I've done my list (after spending a ridiculous amount of time thinking about it), I realised I missed out some epic ones like Rose and the Doctor in Doctor Who. D'oh! Oh well, too late now.

Anonymous said...

I have to add Ross and Rachel from
'Friends' and Rory and Logan from 'Gilmore Girls'

...Oh and another great couple Joey and Chandler from 'Friends' :)

Pam P said...

I'd add Steed and Emma Peel from the Avengers.

Jaded Bee said...

Oh, I adore Gambit. I'll only read the X-men comics with him and Rogue in them. Lol.

Pacey and Joey from Dawson's Creek were my favorite couple. Then Angel and Buffy.

But lately Kris and Junior from Wildfire rocked my socks, as do Casey and Cappie from Greek. Both of those are on ABC Family.

Mariana said...

Oh Wash and Zoe!!!! When he died in Firefly I cried. I love that series and movie ;)

Mal and Inarra were hot too ;)

Anonymous said...

My all-time favorites:
Buffy & Angel
Vincent & Catherine
Dr. Quinn & Sully

CarolB1977 said...

I'm so glad you mentioned Rogue and Gambit!!! It was watching that cartoon when I was little that I first realized sci-fi and romance can crossover!

Another couple I would add would be Vincent and Katherine (or was it Catherine?) from the "Beauty and the Beast" TV show.

Anonymous said...

The Doctor and every Companion, can't really single one out. Also (this is going to date me...) David and Maddie.

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with half your couples, Nalini! I adored Rogue and Gambit. I used to get up early every saturday, too (on a side note, I think they are *finally* releasing the show on DVD in a few months).

And I love Wash and Zoe! The flashback episode where you see her not trusting him (although, with that mustache, who could blame her?) was great. I wiped that part from Serenity from my mind as well.

I love Charlie and Amita ^_^

And Lizzy and Darcy... the BBC one is the best. I am currently getting all the other BBC productions of Austen Films, too (the remake of Persuasion and Sense and Sensibility are great, in my opinion).

Lisa said...

I have three couples from my fave show Roswell, Liz & Max, Maria & Michael, and even though it didn't last long I have to say Isabelle & Alex. I miss the show so much I bought the DVD's.
Vicky & Henry from Blood Ties.
I also have to say Pacey & Joey from Dawson's Creek.
Brenda & Dylan from Beverly Hills, 90210. Allison & Jake from Melrose Place.